Monday, November 12, 2007

They say it's your birthday...

Oh, wait, no, it's mine! A rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" from the students in the writing center, an e-card from a great faculty member, a check from the in-laws, flowers from the 'rents (and a card is on its way, but after *gulp* 31 years, mother dearest still hasn't figured out there's no mail on my birthday!), Tori Amos in concert (back in October) from the hubby (along with a mysterious bag on the dining room table that I can't open because he's not home yet), and a free ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery's birthday club! Oh, wait, scratch that last one! The one Cold Stone near me (that I drove to first through rush-hour traffic because hello? FREE ice cream!? From Cold Stone?!?! On my birthday?!? Sign me up ASAP!) was closed for NO REASON. So I drove another 15 minutes to the one that's actually closest to my home and that one? Closed FOR GOOD. All I wanted was some free ice cream! Sheesh!

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear MEEEEEE, happy birthday to ME!

7 Comments:

Blogger cosymakes said...

Yay! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you... HaPPy BirthDAY to you...

11/13/2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Indeedy, a very happy birthday to you!

11/13/2007 1:30 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I appreciate your efforts for some free ice cream.

11/13/2007 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated!!!
hope you scored some ice cream at some point!
:)

11/16/2007 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy late b-day!!!! hope it was splendid :)

11/18/2007 12:12 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Awww, Tala! Happy Birthday a little late! I hope you got some ice cream. What was in the bag from your husband??

11/20/2007 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I missed your birthday! It shows how little time I've had lately to make my blogger rounds. But happy birthday! And make sure you get that ice cream. It is a MUST!

11/21/2007 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>