Tuesday, November 06, 2007

IK

Anyone else completely underwhelmed with the new IK? I got mine in the mail the other day, and I am completely not impressed. It's like they shot their whole wad with the fall one, and they had nothing else decent for winter. I mean, I like three of the patterns, (the bag, the El Sol Pullover, and the Ivy League vest - and what's with the Jennifer Garner look-alike? She's adorable!) Oh, ok, and the gathered pullover, but I'd love to see Knitting Daily cover THAT one for a D-cup woman. There's just nothing there I neeeeeeeed to knit, not like in the fall issue. Oh, well, I guess they can't be spot-on all the time, huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger cosymakes said...

that's the first i've seen of it, but i totally agree... El Sol Pullover and the vest are cute, but the rest? meh.

on the other hand, i might add that it is important for a knitting magazine actually have a good winter issue! goodness - isn't that what knitting is all about?

11/06/2007 8:22 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I have to agree with your opinion - there are only a couple patterns I'll knit (though the Ivy League vest is spot on!) I have read posts by other bloggers who LOVE the patterns in this issue, so IK is doing a good job of pleasing some of the people some of the time, which is really all you can ask for...
I'm still knitting away from the Fall issue, so I'm not too upset :)

11/06/2007 9:02 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Yeah, i am completely in love with the Ivy League Vest, but everything else, meh.

11/07/2007 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>