Thursday, September 27, 2007

Update Schmup - oh, never mind!

But there is a SHOP UPDATE!

Some batts have already sold, so get 'em while they're hot!

Hello, bandwagon?

chevronscarfclose2

Let me jump on ya!

This scarf (pattern by the loverly Domesticat) was one of the quickest knits evah! Well, for a scarf! I usually HATE knitting scarves because they take so damned long (well, unless they're out of super-bulky, super-soft handspun!) I started AND finished it Labor Day weekend (yeah, it's a long weekend, but still!) I used yarn from Spincycle Yarns, which is totally overpriced for a 2 oz., 120 yard skein, but their colorways are irresistible. See?

spincycleyarnsballedforscarf

That's "Rusted Rainbow" on the top (100% merino) and "Off With Their Heads" (100% BFL) on the bottom. There are "moments" in this scarf that I'm not totally flipped on, where the colors just didn't play out the way I wanted, but overall? Thrilled! I'm definitely planning on knitting another one of these, maybe in my own handspun.

Speaking of my own handspun, I got into Craftland again this year! So if you're in the Providence, Rhode Island area this December, you can find my handspun yarns and handcarded batts for sale! Last year I made a pretty decent chunk of change, so I'm hoping to have a repeat of that!

Oh, and WE HAVE A SHOWING TOMORROW! Our FIRST ONE! So you can imagine how much I'm panicking (and procrastinating, because, hello? Should I really be blogging right now? Um, what do you think - 4 cats, 1 overlarge dog who sheds if you look at him funny, a toddler, and a preoccupied football coach for a husband - yeah, I should totally be tearing the house apart!)

ACK!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Awesome scarf! I love the yarns you used.
Good luck with the house showing!

9/27/2007 8:14 PM  
Blogger RC said...

ack! wtf are you doing playing around here??? and does that mean you can't come over to play tomorrow?

9/27/2007 9:10 PM  
Blogger RC said...

so I just visited your etsy and bought more....
bring it if you can come over tomorrow! plus I have some stuff for you (maybe trade? we will see)

9/27/2007 9:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a pretty scarf, I want to make a chevron scarf too - but I'm a horrible counter. anyway, Good Jobber.

9/29/2007 8:25 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Okay, take a deeeep breath. Everything will be okay for the showing.

I've been looking for a scarf pattern for my daughter, that was interesting, grown-up, not plain, but I could manage it.... this one looks perfect! Thanks!

9/30/2007 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>