Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Fiber swap!

I'm so excited! I'm going to be dyeing up 8 oz. of random fiber and trading it with Kat, who I "met" through Natasha's blog comments. She lives near me, so we're going to try to get together and trade in person, and we're trying to get Natasha to come out to spin with us! Hey, N, wanna crash on the floor in my fiber room? Mind the smell of cat pee (the carpets are going to be replaced this summer, come hell or high water!)? Mind being wakened up at 7 AM by a rambunctious toddler singing "Three Little Ducks"? Then come on down! Maybe if we all ask nicely...

2 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

Whew! I just finished dunking all my fiber in water/vinegar, and I'll be dyeing things up tomorrow! My kitchen smells awful, with all the vinegar I've spilled already. Hahaha. Anyway, don't worry about being a relatively new dyer. I am, too. Everytime I go to buy natural fiber to dye, I always come across someone else's colorway that I have to have. I'm sure I'll love whatever you come up with. My colors tend to turn out pretty bright, so I hope that's okay.

6/16/2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger K. said...

I actually can't believe how well your stuff turned out! They're the colors I've been trying to get for a long time. I really hope you like them! The rest of my fiber turned out...neon. I also save other people's pictures to my computer to look at when I'm dyeing fiber. Glad I'm not the only one!

Maybe when we both have a good amount of fiber to dye next time (it takes me a while to collect natural white fiber), we can get together for a dyeing party.

6/17/2006 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>