Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas goodies galore!

And some new techniques you'll just have to wait until tomorrow for!

Hope everyone had a great Christkwanzhannukahyule! Did I cover everything? Whatever holiday you celebrate, I hope you had a good one full of fiber and yarn and knitting books and all kinds of goodness!

I got me some new knitting books:
newknittingbooks
(No, I'm not preggers - we're waiting till this summer to try, but that doesn't mean I can't start knitting the Bump sweater!)

And some MORE new knitting books:
moreknittingbookswag
(Let me tell you, EZ's "Knitting Without Tears" has me buying yarn to knit a seamless sweater without a pattern! Ok, so I'm going to knit one for my daughter first because it's just smaller, even though there are just as many chances to screw it up!)

And I got me some gift certificates (I'm already trying to figure out how to spend only $30 at Crown Mountain Farms!):
fiberygiftcerts

And some more STR!!!! I LOVE this colorway! Chapman Springs - sooooo purdy!
STRChapmanSprings

We live in a very small house, a rowhome (with a psycho neighbor, but that's a completely different post) with no room. And we went nuts for our daughter (well, not as bad as some, but we definitely went over-budget a bit). Just a bit:


Yes, we have a midgie tree. There was a bigger one and this one, and the hubby let the toddler choose, so we ended up with a tree that's even too small for my small living room! Sheesh. Oh, and our presents aren't even under the tree. They're on the chair because there was no more room (and we figured we should keep the presents out of Hurricane's hands so she wouldn't open everything - which she did try to do!)

This is everything after - our presents to her, my in-laws (who go insane every year, no matter how much we tell them to take it easy because we have NO FREAKIN' ROOM - they drive me nuts) and my parents' presents (who also went a bit nuts this year, although not as badly, because they're in Florida and don't see my daughter that often now - my mother is guilt shopping!) Oddly enough, it looks like less stuff because all those boxes are so big! And I hope the children's toy manufacturers' fancy houses sink into the sea for all the shit they use to secure the toys in their boxes. I swear, I have a sore spot on my thumb from weilding scissors all damned day trying to get everything out of the boxes!!! There should be a law!
ohthecarnage

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWIE!
What great hauls!

Is yours still expecting santa to come back????

12/28/2006 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

got lots of good stuff to keep you busy! enjoy and i hope your holidays were more than wonderful :)

12/29/2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger RC said...

WOW. what a haul! you sure must've been good this year!
check your schedule so we can get together soon!

12/31/2006 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>