Friday, December 08, 2006

New Knitty

Ok, seriously, I was going to blog with FOs and almost-FOs and new ideas and the like, but I just checked out the new Knitty, and I'm so enamored of SO many of the patterns that I want to dive into my stash and forget my current obessions. Oh, believe me, Kepler is moving right along (in the round!) and I'm going to knit myself a small swatch and try some short-row bust shaping for this baby. And Clapotis is, well, ever growing. I'm at the 5th repeat of the straight section, but I'm dying to get Kepler done so maybe I can wear it for a Christmas party I'm going to next weekend. So I WILL have pics! But on to the new Knitty...

I am in my heart an instant gratification kinda gal. I hate waiting in lines, hate driving long distances to see someone or something I like (why oh why haven't we perfected teleportation yet?!?), I'm just too damned impatient! That's probably why I have a ton of lace yarn and NO lace FOs to show for it - I just have the feeling it will take FOREVER. So I adore this new Knitty for all it's quick, painless, adorable patterns! I am seriously having a hard time deciding what to knit first. Although I think it will be these socks, since I have three, count 'em, THREE skeins of Socks that Rock yarn (bday gifts!) that are none-too-subtly calling my name from the pile of their kin (remind me to post a pic of the pile of sock yarn I have. It's a sickness.) In fact, I think I feel a contest coming on when the new year (and the last of my Xmas knitting - and Kepler and Clapotis are done) rolls around! Especially since I have 2 more colorways on my Christmas list, I think I'll have a new year contest to see who can guess which colorway I knit Monkey out of! Yah, I'm diggin' that idea - maybe scare some of you lurkers (please say there are lurkers out there, please!) out of the woodwork!

Ok, so I also love this (I no longer have long hair, but I can see how this would work for my shorter hair, too!) And this. I have about 450 yards of hand-dyed laceweight mohair that I MAY attempt this in - if not, some Noro. And this for the copious amounts of handspun I have, both my own and from others. And these as a nice intro to latvian mittens. And these because they're just TOO FRICKIN' cute! And these, but as bracelets and not napkin rings, because they are literally knit as if the designer was reading my mind as to what I consider to be uber-perfect jewelry!

And lest you think all I do is knit for me (yes, they would ALL BE FOR ME!) I would love to knit this for Hurricane, but I don't know that I'd have the yarn in my hands in time to construct it for Xmas. She would LOVE it, but her birthday is in March, so that would work, too! And, actually, I still need to knit a few of these and maybe this for her for Xmas - see, I knew I was getting cocky thinking I just had one more Xmas gift to finish up (I'm on the last 2 repeats, so I'm almost done)!

dnascarfstealthknitting

Hopefully I can do a lot of these things from the stash that ate Philadelphia, since the transmission on the hubby's car just went (anyone have $2000, or even better, a new car they can send me?) We're seriously considering becoming a one-car family, both to save on our ridiculous car insurance rates and the whole his car is crap and mine's not much better cloud hanging over our heads. We may trade in both our cars and get this or this (used, of course!). Ah, the joys of being a SAHM and BROKE!

Edited to add: Ok, and I really LURVE Eiffel (the lace! the eyelets! the ribbon!), but man, you can't have an ounce of fat on you! And is it just me, or does that lace pattern and the silhouette of the bottom of the sweater just BEG for bell sleeves? I lurve me some bell sleeves!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just love those little slippers to death !

12/08/2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger RC said...

Looks like your projects are planned out till sometime in the summer!
1 sock and 1 hedgehog to go on my list....

12/09/2006 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>