Sunday, November 12, 2006

Make just one someone happy...

My yarns are all boxed and ready to go to Craftland! I'm SO nervous! I hope they are liked and people buy them and they make a funky scarf, or a warm hat, or a cool pair of wristwarmers for someone. Eeek!

Here is the obligatory yarn pile:
yarnpileforcraftland

And here they are nestled safely in their big-ass box!
yarnonwaytocraftland2

And here are a few sample skeins, aka fiber p*rn!
mintneapolitanfalkland
"Mint Neapolitan" hand-dyed (by moi) Falklands.

greenrovingwithnatashabattclose
"Land of Confusion" hand-dyed domestic wool mixed with a batt from Natasha.

geysermerinoyarnwench
"Geyser" merino hand-dyed by the Yarn Wench.

And since it's, cough, my birthday, cough cough, I figured I'd share some of the birthday haul with y'all!

birthdayhaul

That's "200 Aran Stitches", "Yarns to Dye For", "Spinning Designer Yarns", and the Knitpicks Options needle set! And see that baggie of fiber in the bottom left-hand corner? That's some roving from Nistock Farm that's going to be spun up on this:

goldingspindle

Why, what's that? Well, it's my very first (and hopefully not last!) Golding spindle!! It's "Midnight Sky", handcarved cherry whorl, walnut shaft, and WHITE GOLD leafed moon and stars! I've been drooling over this spindle since I started spinning over a year ago, and my dear sweet darling hubby got it for me as a total surprise!!! I can't wait to get some fiber on it! It's amazing how it feels, just holding it and touching the wood (sounds icky, huh?!?) I have a bunch of spindles, but they're mostly cheaper - not bad, just not such high quality. I'm so excited - more that my hubby remembered how much I liked it and went through all the trouble (for him, a non-fibery type) to find it for me! I lurve him!

Ta!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
your yarns look fabulous!
you will make many someones happy with them, i am sure.
that spindle is amazing!

11/13/2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger RC said...

You are so totally spoiled! What a haul and just for your birthday! Holy Cow! I may just smack you...lol

11/13/2006 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>