Friday, June 23, 2006

The promised pics (fingers crossed!)

All of these yarns will be available at Yarn Rescue within the next week or so, I guess.

Here are a bunch of skeins, not all of them, that I've been spinning lately on my wheel (have I mentioned I LOVE my wheel?)


This is "Understated" 45 yards of injection-dyed domestic wool - super bulky. I got the muted colors by injection dyeing but only letting the colors set in the microwave for about 5 minutes instead of 15.


This is "Trippy Hippie" 64 yards of Falklands wool dyed by Sheilah - the colors in this skein are WAAAAY brighter than the pic. It's gorgeous fiber, and I'm trying to see if I can get more of this fiber from Sheilah so I can spin a 2-ply yarn.


This is "Study in Purple" 95 yards of soft, squeeshy domestic wool dyed by Amy. Her fiber rocks, BUY SOME!


An oddly deflated skein pic - "Rocket Pop" 50 yards of hand-dyed domestic wool. Very pretty blend of orange, berry and sky blue.


"Rainbow Connection" spun slightly thick n thin, a soft Corriedale X fiber (not dyed by me). It amazes me that I take a skein off the bobbin that seems SO overspun (still working on a nice, even single) but that, when hung to dry, has no twist in it. I must be spinning a more even yarn than I think!

I have apparently angered the Blogger gods and that is all for today. We're going down the shore for the weekend, but I might bring the laptop and try to log in at the Starbucks down there. If not, have a good weekend, y'all!

3 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

Pretty yarns! I love "trippy hippy!"

I did indeed like the beer. I'm a big fan of ale and microbreweries. Do you have an Iron Hill Brewery near you? As much as I like beer, though, I'm at heart a tequila girl. Margaritas, mmmm....

6/27/2006 11:46 AM  
Blogger K. said...

Awesome link! Thank you so much!

I'm thinking of saving a bit of the fleece to handwash myself and process with wool combs when I can afford them. The rest I'll probably send off to a fiber processor. I'll probably have more than enough fiber for myself, so if these plans manifest themselves eventually, I'll let you know if I can share the booty.

6/30/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger natasha said...

everything looks so pretty! your spinning skills have come an incredibly long way!

i have been dyeing tons of fiber, including superwash merino which is an absolute dream to spin. let me know if you need anything.

maine looks awesome. i was in portland maine for about 6 hours, that is it.

8/03/2006 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>