Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Pix for my adoring fan(s)

So Colleen and Lulubeans (I can't for the life of me remember your name! I'm a tard!) demanded pics, and Blogger actually ALLOWED it! Wow! Here goes...

Jaywalker sock - this is an old pic, I have less than an inch to go before the heel. The yarn is the "Hester" colorway from Pippikneesocks. This is GREAT yarn, I ADORE the colors, and this pattern really rocks! Simple enough that even I can remember it without the pattern in front of me, mindless enough that I can knit and watch "Dexter", but I'm still fascinated by how just a few simple increases and decreases can make the stitches angle! So cool! This is the cabled hat knit from "Seaspray" yarn from FeltStudioUK on Etsy. Such GREAT squishy yarn! I keep randomly putting it on while sitting and knitting or watching TV. I'm lame like that.
These are the fingerless lace-up mitts from Alterknits in a handspun yarn from an ebay seller I can't remember off the top of my head. The ribbon is silk, got it off of ebay, too! And as you can see, I took the pic the other day while trying desperately to load the pics!
This is a close-up of yarn I spun up - a white wool/mohair blend with slubs and stretches of fiber from a batt from Natasha, chock full of silks, cherry red ingeo, and screaming pink angelina. I'm trying to be a bit more funky with my spinning - these are baby steps, people!
Here is the handspun sampler scarf. See how it would never fit a 2-year-old's neck? So, mine mine MINE! There are samples here from Pippikneesocks, Lulubeans, a few mini-skeins I spun from fiber samples, and I'm sure there's some from other spinners whom I can't remember right now. It's almost done, and I'm going to put fringe on it, too!

Ok, I had a few more pics to post, nothing all that exciting, but Blogger won't allow it, so off I go! Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

Most Excellent! The fingerless look great! The scarf looks cool... can't wait to see it in person!
And, yes you are lame about the hat, but I do the same thing! (be afraid, be very afraid) I will wear my fav hats and fingerless TO BED!
Lame-O

Oh and I can't wait to see your Jaywalkers in person! Cool!

10/11/2006 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>