Thursday, July 27, 2006

Maine Part 2

I personally find cliffs jutting out to the sea to be just about the most perfect "scenery" ever, and Acadia National Park has always held a sway over me because of that. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Acadia, so being 5 minutes from the park was heaven for me! I only wish we could have done more in the park, but it was hard being on my own with Ella, who is still slave to her naptime! And she napped like a champ up in Maine, a good 2-3 hours a day. I got a lot of spinning done, let me tell you! Thank goodness for my wheel, the portable DVD player and the first season of the Gilmore Girls on DVD! These pics are the view from the Ocean Trail hiking to Otter Cliffs (go here for better pics than mine!). We were able to do this on the weekend because my husband was out of class and I was able to carry the diaper bag, camera, and specimen bucket while he carried Ella, who decided the second the trail got a little uneven that she was out of her league. It was great! The tide was coming in by the time we got to where we wanted to be (an area DH had been to with his class that would have been full of tide pools for Ella to poke around in) so we didn't do too much poking, but it was breathtaking, anyway!

The best part was driving (no hiking with a 2-year-old past her bedtime!) to the top of Cadillac Mountain to see sunset. Ahh, bliss! Blogger of course has decided NO MORE PICS FOR ME! There will be more, but Ella needs a nap, so I'll have to post part 3 of our trip to Maine later!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ed Meers said...

Nice pics! I haven't been to Maine in over 10 years (used to live just accross the way in Nova Scotia). It's a beautiful place, especially if you are into hiking and whatnot (my wife and I have a toddler as well so we are well aware of the rigours that adds to hiking,etc.).

Anyway, thanks for the memory!

7/27/2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger K. said...

We totally broke the law up on Cadillac Mountain on our honeymoon when we hiked down an obscure trail at sunset to open (gasp) a bottle of wine! I absolutely adore Acadia National Park. Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you had a great time.

I was actually going to comment on your blog or send you an email this morning about mailing fibers. Things are super busy around here, too, and not only on the weekends! I can't remember if I sent you my address, so I'll mail that again. How exciting! I hope you like everything!

7/27/2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger K. said...

I got a box out to you yesterday! (Friday) Maybe it'll get to you today since we live so close to each other.

Did you happen to go to the Atlantic Brewing Company when you were around Bar Harbor? I hear they have fab blueberry beer.

7/29/2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger K. said...

Oh my gosh, you have no idea how much I love the fiber you sent! You're AMAZING with color! By the way, do you know what kind of wool is in the batts you sent? They're very springy like Rambouillet!

I think it'll be easier to get together after the humidity lets up and the temperature cools down. I'm actually working on the same yarn that I've been working on for....going on two weeks now, I guess!

I almost peed myself when I got your comment that mentioned the "incident." ....I was drinking wine, far from being Straight Edge!!

7/31/2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger K. said...

We will most definitely have to get together for a carding party!

8/01/2006 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>