Saturday, August 12, 2006

Random Saturday

Ok, ok, this is a quick, totally random post, but here it is. First off is fiber from Kat, my fiber swappin' buddy! I swear, she must have been in my head when she dyed these fibers (and sent the yummy Tazo tea!) because these are totally the color combos I lurve! I mean, I wanna roll in them! So purty! Top of the pic (the dark fiber) is some Cotswold, below it in the braid is some pencil roving, the shiny stuff on top of that in the same colorway is mohair roving, in the bottom of the pic is some tussah silk(!) and then the big pile of fiber is Merino locks. Yum.

This pic is my ugly-ass couch (Ick! I love my slipcovers!) and the Pea Pod sweater from Interweave. I have the hat done, too, but no pic of it. This is for a very dear friend who's baby is now overdue! We figure she got married on my birthday, so she's holding out to have her baby on my hubby's bday tomorrow! I think she just might do it, too!
And this is my unfinished clapotis. Why is she unfinished? Because I RAN OUT OF YARN!!! And not only that, but it's a one-skein-only special handdyed skein I bought on ebay. I don't know what made me think I would have enough, but I have like, 8 more repeats. Ugh. I so don't want to frog it, and I don't have any other yarn to knit this with right now, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Any ideas out there?

4 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

how long did is the clapotis? is it long enough? or half? you can just frog a few rows, do the decreases and be done OR find a similar colorway and have a 1/2 & 1/2

the fiber looks soo purty! I have not spun since you came over with your wheel that day..... sooo long ago...

8/14/2006 3:15 PM  
Blogger K. said...

As I've said before, I'm so happy you like the fiber! We should do this again sometime.

I wish I had a finished clapotis so I could help you out, but I haven't even started one yet! It's on the list, though.

8/14/2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger K. said...

Have I mentioned lately how much you rock? I found the most wonderful surprise on my doorstep this afternoon, and it totally cheered me up! Thank you, Amanda!

8/16/2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger K. said...

I haven't chosen a pattern yet for a sweater, but I ordered four more balls from Cucumberpatch (thus the total is 10) just in case. The price for four was about $20, including shipping from England. The price is discounted since the colors they offer are discontinued. Get 'em while they're hot!

On the apple juice fast, you drink as much water and apple juice as you possibly can without feeling sick. The purpose of the apple juice is to simply curb your appetite (and it does!). If you try it out, make sure the juice is organic.

8/21/2006 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>