Thursday, July 27, 2006

We're back from Ba Haba!

Ok, now that I've fully recovered (I think!) from our trip through torrential rains for 12 hours straight, I can post pics of our beautiful, wonderful, better than I'd dreamed trip to Maine! Yes, it kind of sucked living in a college dorm again (especially with a 2 year old - who knew dorms were so freakin' LOUD!?) but the cafeteria food was actually good, and there were so many things for us to do while DH was in class day to day!

Here's the view from the cafeteria. No, really. You could see Frenchman's Bay and the fishing and lobster boats right from the booths in the cafe. Pretty cool! I wish it had been a better pic, and a slightly clearer day (who would have thought that fog would be such an omnipresent and alive thing up there? It was wacky!)

The school has a rocky beach called "Pebble Beach" that is actually right down the hill from that overhang in the first pic. It's small, and not really conducive to sunning or anything, but Ella had a BALL at it just about every day! It amazes me how little regard for cold water kids have - the water is wicked cold all the time, but she'd be in up to her knees before you could stop her! And the look on her face when she tripped backwards over that rock and ended up up to her chin in cold water - priceless! She loved climbing the big rocks, and this little crevice she's digging in held a little pool of water and some snails - my child is nothing if not easily amused! One of the many great things about her!


And once AGAIN Blogger bites the big one in deciding that two pictures are quite enough, thank you. I guess this means I'll have to post again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>