Friday, October 27, 2006

Put your head between your knees...

And take a deeeeeeep breath. Yes, it's two posts - not in a week, but in ONE NIGHT! I think I'm feeling a bit frisky between Natasha's advice about posting pics and my new Netgear router letting me link to my own network and not to "default" which generally slowed down, crapped out, or didn't even start up on a regular basis. Woot! Technology!

So, what brings me back to blogging so soon? Synchronicity. I'm reading the archives of Marnie Maclean's blog (DH is away at a football game - he coaches - and so far they're winning 35-0; Go Archmere!) and have nothing better to do! Oh, c'mon, you do it too! So anyway, I come across an entry where she decides to knit a sock, and actually design a sock, and I realize it's the birth of Wyvern. I've had Wyvern printed out to knit for ages, but didn't know how to do toe-up. So I realize from the pic on her blog that it's a toe-up sock (wasn't hard to figure out!) Hmm, well, that's a start. So I check out the pattern, and it's for 26 stitches (the provisional cast-on for the short-row toe - not too many free patterns out there that are short-row toe - most of them are the figure 8 cast on). Well, I cast on 26 stitches to start my random sock, so that's good. But that's the small size, and I'm a size 10, so it's probably too small. But I'm excited, anyway. I whip off my sock (literally, I have no idea where it landed!) and measure around the ball of my foot. And it's PERFECT! I have cast on for a random short-row toe, and it happens to be exactly what I need for a toe-up sock pattern that I've been wanting to knit! Sweet!

But first, I have to do this:

devilhatbeginning

The Adult Devil Hat - I don't dress up for Halloween too often, but we're going to be bringing Hurricane around right after work, so I figured a handknit, earflap hat with devil horns would be an acceptable substitute. I wish I'd known about this sooner, though.

I leave you with a pic of the red maple in my front garden, which apparently hasn't gotten the memo that ALL the leaves are supposed to change.

redleavesgreentree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>