Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New wheel...

Ok, so this is a bit of a survey post. I have had a decent amount of handspun sales lately, and find that I am about halfway or less to getting a new wheel. Yes, I know I have my Lendrum complete. It rocks, and I would never want to part with it! But I have a lot of spinning ideas that would tie it up and I don't want to have to be without it if I need to spin up a custom order or if I find I need to replenish one of the several sites I sell on. So I want a wheel that's good especially for spinning plied yarns, like sock yarn (I have this insane idea that I want to start spinning my own sock yarns) or yarns that are plied, but with locks and stuff (it would be nice to have an extra wheel to practice some things like corespinning on). So, any lurkers out there who want to give a shout out to their own special wheel? Don't need to spin anything too bulky, so it doesn't need any special features, but I want something that I can sit at for a long time comfortably, double-treadle, relatively compact.

Any ideas?

Oh, and just so there's SOME kind of eye candy, here's Danica! My first stab at entrelac - I LOVE IT!!!! Lady Eleanor, here I come!

danicascarfclose

2 Comments:

Blogger barbe said...

Since you have a good wheel, I'd suggest getting a BABE...they are cheap and easy!

Natasha is gonna start selling them on her Luxe site..You should email her about getting one.

and congrats on sales!!!!

1/09/2007 8:36 PM  
Blogger natasha said...

yeah, electric might be the way to go. they are super cheap and if you don't like it, he has a 30 day money back deal. and the bobbins cost like 5 bucks.

go to babesfibergarden.com to check the stuff out. it has electric skeinwinders you can attach, etc, etc , and yardage counter thingies.

1/20/2007 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>