Sunday, April 22, 2007

Customer Creations

I've been selling batts like crazy in my Etsy shop, and some of my customers have been great at sharing with me the yarns (and other creations!) they've made from my batts. So I've decided to show my appreciation (and use it as blog fodder) by posting pics every once in awhile from my customers!

Here's three skeins of yarn spun from three 2 oz. batts I carded up for Joy of Fabulosity. I got some great wool/mohair blend hand-dyed fiber in exchange. Here's the yarns:

fabulosityyarnsfrommybatts

LEFT is a wacky batt I carded up from the leftovers from other batts. Whenever I get a decent amount, I throw a whole bunch of different fibers through the carder just once to keep the crazy texture. MIDDLE: a blend of light blue gulf coast wool and angora, cream colored llama (SOOOOO soft - I was very surprised at how soft it was!) and a light brown superwash lamb's wool. Oh, and some silk noil, too! RIGHT: white wool/mohair blend mill ends with bright turquoise hampshire X wool locks, sari silk in a gorgeous deep peacock green, and some cream-colored raw alpaca.

I love the way they spun up! Thanks for sharing, Joy, and for your support of my products!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Oh, wow, I love the pics of the spun-up yarn! I'm going to go dig out my spindle and get going again. Very cool.

4/24/2007 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>