Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Kindness of People You've Never Met in Real Life

I wouldn't exactly call Kat a stranger. We've done a fiber swap, emailed back and forth, enhanced each other's stash from time to time, and plan to eventually get together and spin while the hubbies talk shop (teaching). But we've never actually met in real life. So imagine my surprise when I got an email from her the other day in response to my last post telling me to watch out for a package. I thought maybe she was sending me a fiber pick-me-up (I was hoping not, only because I know how tiny her stash is and mine is, well, embarrassing! Keep your fiber for yourself Kat! Build that tiny stash up!) She told me it was coming UPS, though, which perplexed me a bit.

I heard a truck this morning, but didn't see anything out on my porch after the driver left. Hmm...turns out he'd tucked the box behind a planter, so I didn't see it. What did I find? CHOCOLATE! And not just ANY chocolate, but GOURMET CHOCOLATE! I couldn't believe it! Talk about a pick-me-up! Kat, thanks SO much (oh, and Brian, too!!!)! I just may name my next child after you!
chocofromKat

eclatchocofromKat
(mmm, truffles. Yes, one is missing already!)

Thanks, too, to the other bloggers who've left kind words. I'm feeling a bit better. The housing situation has actually gotten worse (our dog has been having bad seperation anxiety and turns out has been barking and howling the entire time we're out somewhere, and our psychobitch neighbor has complained to us. We were playing music for him - as per her suggestion - and thought it was helping, but turns out it's not. So she told us about it the other day, and then called the cops on us on Sunday afternoon!) So now we have the impetus to get out of here - even though it means me getting a full-time job and leaving my daughter at home, we'll at least finally have a detached house! So I'm all anxious about it, but at least I know at the end of it all, we'll be away from that woman. Amazing how much bad neighbors can ruin a home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, shucks. It was nothing. :) I hope Chris (the chocolatier) put his biography in the box. He has such an impressive history!

Your bad neighbor story reminded me of a bad neighbor I had. He's actually one of the reasons we're living with my parents right now. He would sit in his car and rev his engine all day, and he had one of those super loud muffler things on his exhaust. And when he burned out the starter, he bought a gas-powered remote controlled car and revved its engine all day! He also stunk up our place by smoking pot out on the porch. Once, he crashed a movie party I was throwing and tried to go for my booze. He was sixteen, or something like that. Very rude person. I really hope your neighbor lightens up.

This is Kat (as if that wasn't obvious). Can't remember my password, so I've got to do this anonymously.

3/27/2007 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>