Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bad Blogger!

I have a confession to make: I'm a bad blogger. I didn't update like I was planning, and then of course Blogger itself was having cramps or something and refusing to even let me in to create a post. C'est la vie! I am here now...tired and sore. Why am I so sore? Because I have been working like a madwoman to get my room finished! Paint's done, and I'm trying to weed through the junk and organize 2 rooms at once (my fibery room and the basement where everything that used to live in the fibery room now resides). Ugh. Nothing like lugging tons of crapola up and down 2 flights of stairs with bad knees. Here are some "in progress" pics...more tomorrow (hopefully) showing the progress I've made in the past 2 days!

Here's the room pre painting - it was as I was putting the first coat up that I realized how much the old color looked like flesh. You know, like the Crayola crayon color before it went all PC. Ick. We'd been computing and hanging out in a flesh box. Don't mind the mess, like I said, there's a TON of crap, and I basically shifted it from one side of the room to the other as I painted.


Here's the first coat of the dark purple I used. It's by Behr, the color is Vintage (I think!). Not bad, huh? Looks even better in person!



Here's the lighter purple, Grape Lavender. I was only going to leave that one wall the dark and all the other walls light, but I LOVED the darker color so much, I decided to paint both long walls the darker color and the short walls (by the window and door) the lighter. I may even decide eventually to paint the whole thing the dark purple. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that color! And the contrast isn't quite as sharp as it looks in that second pic. The lighter color darkened up a bit to be more match-y with the darker (which dried even nicer than I thought!) YAY fiber room!

2 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

Lookin good! Missed you last night, but I see you've been busy! The color looks cool.......
Later
Rabid Crafter C

3/10/2006 4:40 PM  
Blogger natasha said...

mine is flesh pink. i love it.

oh, and the books are pretty good. more precise than i am into, like to do self striping yarns, you need a skeein that is at least 40 FEET in diameter. hm.

3/11/2006 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>