Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Fun with needles...not really!


I'm a member of the Spindlers Yahoo! Group, and there are so many neat things that I learn. One of the latest is injection dyeing. You take a ball of fiber (or a skein of yarn balled up), soak it, and then take squirt bottles or those big fat dye needles and squirt dye into the ball, all willy-nilly like. Totally fun! Oh, be sure to put plastic wrap underneath the ball, enough to then wrap it up and stick it in the microwave for 3 minutes, one minute at a time (I turned the ball after each minute). Oh, and put a microwave-safe bowl or plate you use for dyeing, or a paper plate, underneath the ball in the microwave, or it may leak dye all over the place...ahem...like it did to mine. But I think my microwave looks good with a pale blue tinge to it!

1 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

Looks good! Gonna spin it or sell it?

2/14/2006 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>